The Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA) Series
This self paced course is a six part video series that is intended to provide you with the basics regarding the IDEA and to help you understand the topics covered in each lesson. The lessons featured in this series will consist of:
- The IDEA Overview;
- Procedural Safeguards under Part B;
- Child Find/ Evaluation and Eligibility;
- Individualized Education Programs (IEPs);
- Discipline Procedures of the IDEA; and
- Dispute Resolution.
At the end of this course, you should have:
- An increased understanding of the IDEA, including its historical and current relevance to special education; and
- An increased understanding in the major components of the IDEA.
After completing each lesson, you can visit the Dashboard to check your progress in the course. Good Luck!