Public Notice about the HASCI Waiver
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) gives notice of its intent to renew the Head and Spinal Cord Injury (HASCI) Waiver for an additional five years. The waiver renewal request will be submitted to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on or before June 25, 2018. The requested effective date of the HASCI Waiver renewal is July 1, 2018.
The renewal request contains the following proposed changes:
- Updates addressing HCBS Final Rule requirements.
- Exceptions to service limits in special circumstances to prevent institutionalization.
- Additional reserve capacity for military personnel (per state legislation) and individuals being discharged from nursing homes.
- Removal of the prescription drug benefit.
- Separation of the consultation portions of the Vehicle Modification and Assistive Technology Services from the actual provision of these services (per CMS direction).
- Addition of pest control and bed bug treatment services.
- Revision to the Level of Care Criteria
- Updates to the Quality Performance Measures.
Comments may also be submitted by sending an email to [email protected].
Written comments may be sent to:
ATTN: Jennifer Robinson
South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Division of Community Options
Post Office Box 8206
Columbia, SC 29202-8206
All comments must be received by March 18, 2018.