Partners in Policymaking® is a free leadership training program that teaches self-advocates and parents how to be community leaders and obtain the best available services for themselves and others by:
- Becoming agents of long-term change.
- Becoming active partners with the policymakers whose decisions will shape their future.
- Dreaming about a future with possibilities.
Participants in the Partners in Policymaking® program are expected to attend five two-day sessions between October (19) and March (9). All sessions begin at noon on Friday and end by 4:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Focus areas of the trainings include:
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Assistive Technology
- Making Your Case
- There is no financial cost for any of the sessions.
- Participants are reimbursed for their travel to and from Columbia.
- Lodging and meals are provided. Participants receive dinner Friday and breakfast and lunch Saturday.
- Attendant care and respite services are reimbursed when necessary.
- Other reasonable accommodations are provided at no cost to the participant.
- Program materials are provided at no cost.
View the digital Partners in Policymaking Application (WORD) to be filled out and emailed for submittal.
View the Partners in Policymaking Application (WORD) to be printed, completed by hand and mailed.
For More Information: