Overall Responsibility: The Director of Programs and Outreach reports directly to the Executive Director and is part of the management team. The Director of Programs and Outreach is responsible for implementing all program guidelines and policies with the purpose of ensuring compliance with all grant and contract regulations, as well as maintaining alignment with the organization’s mission.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide management and supervision over peer support program staff, to include Family Education Managers and Area managers statewide.
- Monitor and follow-up to ensure FCSC policies and procedures are followed by staff.
- Work with Management team to forecast budget and pursue fundraising, donations, and grants.
- Identify and write grants to fund new and existing programs.
- Promote Family Connection of South Carolina.
- Responsible for reporting data, grant deliverables and progress of outreach activities on a monthly basis to the Executive Director.
- Participate in community/state level committees.
- Provide training and consultation for staff, professionals, and families served by organization.
- Work with Director of Training to provide expert content into the development of training modules for staff to use for workshops, conferences, and webinars.
- Perform annual evaluations on all supervised employees.
- Responsible for reporting requirements for all funding and contractual obligations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in human service field.
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience.
- Strong understanding of special education, family centered care, and value of parent/professional partnerships.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary group of professionals to assess, define, and implement programs at a statewide level.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Presentation experience to large groups. Experience writing and developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to conceptualize, organize, and manage multiple complex tasks.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with grant writing.
- Management experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with families, staff and statewide partners.
- Has a passion for families with children and youth with disabilities and special healthcare needs.
- Ability to travel in-state and occasionally out-of-state.
- The ability to be creative as well as a self-starter and self motivated.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with Salesforce software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Personal vehicle for travel.
- Light lifting required.
- Significant life experience with children that have a disability or chronic health condition.
- *Parents of children with a child that has a disability, chronic health condition, or an individual with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.