A free and confidential program for families who have children with asthma.
This award-winning program provides emotional and informational support to parents who have children with asthma. How would you answer these important questions?
- Does your child’s asthma result in other health problems?
- Does your child miss school or daycare because of asthma?
- Does your child go to urgent care, the emergency room or the hospital because of asthma?
- Does your child’s asthma prevent them from full participation in sports, running or other typical childhood activities?
- Would you like to talk with another parent who has a child with asthma?
Did you know?
There are two types of medications to help manage asthma, quick relief and maintenance.
Children with asthma can and should play sports and be physically active.
There is no limit on medications for children with Medicaid insurance.
You can put stuffed toys in the freezer to kill dust mites.
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, Project Breathe Easy can help you and your child breathe easier!
- A certified asthma educator provides training and guidance.
- Support from a trained parent navigator who knows about asthma, both personally and professionally.
- Encouragement and ongoing education on asthma management.
- A home visit to help families determine asthma triggers in the home.