Marketing and Events Internship
We are seeking an intern to assist with marketing communications activities to raise awareness and participation in our programs, events, and fundraising campaigns.
Volunteer Job Title: Marketing and Events Intern
Reports to: Marketing and Events Manager
Location: Family Connection office located at 1800 St. Julian Place in Columbia. Some hours may be remote.
Hours: 6 – 10 hours per week. (2-3 shifts per week). Position can begin as early as May 9th. End date flexible for August or later.
- Assist with layout of online newsletters
- Update event postings on web site calendar
- Coordinate mailings
- Log volunteer applications
- Help plan and implement a communication and logistics timeline for fundraising events
- Writing, editing, and/or proofreading of newsletters, news releases, and other materials
- Update and maintain media lists
- Distribute news releases to media contacts and make follow up calls
- Monitor media coverage
- Assist with publicity, scripting, set up and event-day activities
- Current college student studying public relations, or marketing communications (sophomore, junior or senior).
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple long- and short-term tasks
- Adept with detail-oriented tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Positive attitude and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Office Suite
- Knowledge of internet navigation and social media practices
- Ability to work independently/virtually, and with team members from Family Connection staff, volunteers, and families
Send resume to:
Jacki Garbinsky, Marketing and Events Manager