Our annual LOOK! photography exhibit speaks to our values of creating inclusion, equity, and community. Photographers volunteer their time and talents, capturing participants in candid moments doing things they like to do best. The intent of LOOK! is to raise awareness of the unique abilities of the child being photographed.
The 2021 LOOK! collection will be on display soon at Koger Center for the Arts, and viewing will be available by appointment.
As an accompaniment to the 2021 LOOK! Exhibit, businesses across the city have photos from our existing LOOK! collection on display. These destinations are part of the exciting LOOK! Art Walk!
The Art Walk is a self-paced, self-guided tour where visitors to the business destinations will have the opportunity to view the photo and read the story about the child or young person featured in the photo.
The LOOK! Art Walk kicked off in July and will run through December!
We will promote the LOOK! Art Walk to drive traffic to your business from July – December 2021, with a robust publicity plan:
• Radio promotions on B1067. FM
•A launch with radio remote at Soda City Market on July 10th
• Social media challenges and promotions on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Social media tool kit for your business.
• Bi-monthly digital newsletters.
• An insert to be included with guest checks at participating restaurants.
• A map featuring participating LOOK! Art Walk locations. Map will be displayed at all LOOK! Art Walk destinations. The map and accompanying digital version will encourage visiting all locations.
• Map will be featured on familyconnectionsc.org
• A window decal designating your business as a LOOK! Art Walk destination.
LOOK! Art Walk hosts will be invited to the 2021 LOOK! Opening Event on August 22nd at the Koger Center and will be recognized in the presentation and listed in the 2021 LOOK! Book.