Young Adult Leaders
Family Connection of South Carolina is looking for Young Adult Leaders willing to provide leadership, guidance and support in creating and participating in a variety of projects and community initiatives.
The Young Adult Advisory Council (YAAC) is a diverse group of individuals with disabilities. The YAAC is committed to advocacy and educating other individuals, families, government agencies and healthcare professionals on issues that affect young adults with disabilities. The YAAC will be comprised of young adult leaders from across the state of South Carolina.
- To participate on a speakers bureau on behalf of the organization
- To provide input in the planning process for 2 regional showings of ‘Intelligent Lives’
- Be on a panel for Hopes and Dreams Conference in February, 2020
- To participate in the development of an Outreach Plan for youth and young adults
- Ambassadors would meet 1x a month through June of 2020 (in person or virtual)
For questions, please contact Alisa Bentley, Director of Programs at [email protected]