SC Home and Community-Based Services Statewide Transition Plan Information
The SC Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Statewide Transition Plan is going through a third public comment period due to changes made in the plan per Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements. The comment period is Aug. 17 – Oct. 7, 2016. To view the Revised Plan and Public Notice, visit the HCBS Statewide Transition Plan website.
A webinar was held on Tuesday, August 23, 2916. You may listen to this webinar at this HCBS Statewide Transition Plan Webinar page. Nine regional public meetings (listed below) will be held to review the changes made to the plan, which outlines how South Carolina will meet the new standards for waiver services (specifically where services are provided) as required by CMS.
Comments may be submitted during the webinar, at a public meeting, or written comments on the Statewide Transition Plan may be sent to:
Long Term Care and Behavioral Health
ATTN: Kelly Eifert, Ph.D.
South Carolina Department Health and Human Services
P.O. Box 8206
Columbia, South Carolina 29202-8206
Comments may also be submitted to the HCBS Comments and Questions webpage . All comments must be received by Oct. 7, 2016
For more information, please go to the HCBS Statewide Transition Plan webpage
You may listen to this webinar at this HCBS Statewide Transition Plan Webinar page via ReadyTalk.
For your convenience, this HCBS Statewide Transition Plan Transcript has been provided.
Public Meetings: Listed by City, Date, and Location:
- Anderson, Aug. 23, 2016, Anderson County Council Chambers, 101 S. Main Street, Anderson, SC 29624
- Fort Mill, Sept. 8, 2016, Spratt Building, 215 Main Street, Fort Mill, SC 29715
- Charleston, Sept. 13, 2016, Olde Village Community Building, 4820 Jenkins Avenue, North Charleston, SC 29405
- Greenville, Sept., 15, 2016, Kroc Center, 424 Westfield Street, Greenville, SC 29601
- Myrtle Beach, Sept. 20, 2016, Horry Georgetown Technical College Conference Center, Grand Strand Campus, 743 Hemlock Avenue, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Florence, Sept. 22, 2016, SIMT, 1951 Pisgah Road, Florence, SC 29502
- Aiken, Sept. 27, 2016, Aiken County Public Library Reference Department, 314 Chesterfield Street SW, Aiken, SC 29801
- Columbia, Oct. 4, 2016, Blue Cross Blue Shield, 8901 Farrow Road, Columbia, SC 29203